In addition to my speaking engagements I advise clients around the world and serve as an Advisor at the Founders Space accelerator in San Francisco. The companies I support range from 1-person startups to major international publishers.
The examples listed below fall into two categories:
- "Ongoing" work coaching teams, helping startups get off on the right foot, etc.
- "Problem-solving" assignments, where I work with a team on a specific challenge.
- CEO, GM and senior manager coaching
- Game design and development. Turnkey game creation with experienced professionals from my network.
- Support for newly-funded teams as they face design, organization and growth challenges
- Organizational review (structure, staff and processes) and recommendations.
- Game, IP, License and Team Evaluations and Due Diligence.
- Expert witness engagements in cases related to the games industry.
My problem-solving assignments most often involve topics like:
- A project is running late and things aren't getting better. I help triage the problems, fill gaps in the system and support the team getting back on track while maintaining maximum positive energy in the group.
- A new game or app is not retaining and/or converting users. I work with development teams and marketers to identify product-specific KPI's, research problems in the funnel and develop detailed action steps to test modifications and improve financial performance. Often the necessary answers are already available inside the company and my charter is facilitating communication rather than directing specific actions.
- A game needs to be adapted to the North American market. I work with overseas teams to recognize cultural differences that may impact sales, and support the definition and implementation of necessary revisions.
- A team's culture or operating methods have become unproductive. I work with management and individuals to identify problems, and to implement necessary changes in a way that energizes the team.
- A team needs an additional senior-level game designer to support a project.
Please contact me at ddaglow (at) gmail.com or at +1 415-309-1579 if you'd like to explore ways we can work together.