In addition to my speaking engagements I advise clients around the world and serve as an Advisor at the Founders Space accelerator in San Francisco. The companies I support range from 1-person startups to major international publishers.
The examples listed below fall into two categories:
- "Ongoing" work coaching teams, helping startups get off on the right foot, etc.
- "Problem-solving" assignments, where I work with a team on a specific challenge.
- CEO, GM and senior manager coaching, with an emphasis on lean operational management.
- Interim corporate and studio leadership. When necessary I provide interim senior level leadership for game teams while a search is completed for a permanent CEO, GM or Executive Producer.
- Game design and development. Turnkey game creation with experienced team members from my network.
- Support for newly-funded management teams. Investors may wish to have a part-time Advisor working on site with new management teams to help them get a strong start on setting up their business and growing their team.
- Organizational review (structure, staff and processes) and development recommendations.
- Game, IP, License and Team Evaluations and Due Diligence. I work with clients to evaluate potential products and teams, and support companies performing due diligence.
- Expert witness engagements in cases related to the games industry.
- A project is running late and things aren't getting better. I help triage the problems, fill gaps in the system and support the team getting back on track.
- A new game or app is not retaining and/or converting users. I work with development teams and marketers to identify product-specific KPI's, research problems in the funnel and develop detailed action steps to test modifications and improve financial performance.
- A game needs to be adapted to the North American market. I work with overseas teams to recognize cultural differences that may impact sales, and support the definition and implementation of necessary revisions.
- The design for a new game isn't working and the schedule is at risk. I work with key stakeholders and the design staff to identify concerns. I then work with leaders and team members to implement specific action steps, along with deadlines and systems for monitoring progress.
- A team's culture or operating methods have become unproductive. I work with management and individuals to identify problems, and to implement necessary changes.
- A team needs a senior-level game designer to start or improve a project. I have done a variety of commissioned game designs or re-designs for licensors and game publishers, as well as for entrepreneurs seeking funding.
Please contact me at ddaglow (at) gmail.com or at +1 415-309-1579 if you'd like to explore ways we can work together.